On 9 September, UNMIK Youth Adviser Jana Minochkina and two young people from Kosovo Diellza Geci and Andjela Mirkovic will brief the Security Council about UNMIK’s youth trust-building work and youth-led peace efforts in Kosovo.
The Security Council Arria Formula meeting on the "Implementation of the Security Council Resolutions on Youth, Peace & Security (YPS) by UN Peace Operations" will be an important milestone in the operationalization of the YPS agenda, with for the first time the heads of the Departments for Peace Operations and for Political Affairs addressing the Council on YPS
The meeting is co-hosted by France and the Dominican Republic, and will include the following briefers:
- Rosemary DiCarlo, Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs
- Jean-Pierre Lacroix, Under-Secretary-General for Peace Operations
- Joao Scarpelini, former UN Youth Advisor in Somalia
- Iana Minochkina, Youth Adviser and Coordinator of the YPS Programme, United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK)
- Mauricio Artiñano, United Nations Verification Mission in Colombia
- Ms. Andjela Mirković, Member of the United Youth Task Force Network of young Kosovo peacebuilders and Ms. Diellza Geci, Co-Founder of Kosovo Youth Fest and project coordinator at BIRN (Balkan Investigative Reporting Network)
This project is supported by the United Nations Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK) and is implemented by the New Social Initiative. Expressed opinions represent the authors’ views and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United Nations, UNMIK or New Social Initiative.